Maybe I should run for President. There is talk of it. Okay, it’s me talking. Mostly. But I think it could be fun. I’d get new clothes, right?
I used to think I’d be a horrible politician, because I’m not interested in politics, or politicians, or the intricacies of policy and law-making. Or fighting with strangers. Or getting yelled at. Or being completely mortified or embarrassed in front of the whole entire world if Katie Couric asked me a hard question.
But I’m beginning to think none of that matters. As long as I get some good press and smile a lot, I should be fine, right?
So I’ve decided to make a list of pros and cons about my political career:
Should @juliejulie run for President?
- Middle-aged mom from Oregon
- No political experience (except Jr. Class Rep., Churchill High School, 1982) open to new ideas
- Non-partisan, hate to fight, would rather go to coffee
- Fairly good with directions, like North, South, etc.
- Can almost see Hawaii from my house
- Never been on cable news
- Totally behind on all reality shows (I’ve never even watched Dancing with the Stars!)
- Not quite as funny as Tina Fey
- If I’m really honest, deep down I may be an Independent
- Scared to death of guns
What else? Help me out here, people.